LocalEats featured blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

Del Pueblo Mexican Restaurant - Grant Rd & Jones Rd


Del Pueblo is my current go to Mexican restaurant.  I have enjoyed several things from there over the years. 

Their margaritas are simply divine, and strong.  After having two you absolutely should not drive.  I will not even talk about how you feel after three.  They do not taste like other margaritas, they are way better.  They go down like water.  I am pretty sure there is no margarita mix involved these are homemade scrumptiousness.  Try one, and you will see.  It is as simple as that. 

Now to the food.  My favorite appetizer is the Stuffed Fried Avocados.  I like mine with beef.  I haven't tried the chicken, but I did have the shrimp one time.  It just did not do it for me.  The first time they brought it out it was cold in the middle, and the cheese was not melted.  The second time they brought it out I just was not feeling the flavor combination.  The beef version however is to die for.  Their fajita beef has a very good limey flavor to it.  These things are very filling.  I suggest if you decide to try one to share with the whole table by cutting it up into pieces and letting everyone get how much they want.  It is not an easily shared thing, but if you want to eat your dinner as well you may want to try.

The queso is really good too.  It has chunks of tomatoes, onions, and peppers in it.  This does not come from a can my friends!

I have ordered many different entrees.  My most common meal that I eat is the Fish Tacos.  I think I am addicted to the chipotle sauce they serve it with.  It is spicy and delicious.  My husband thinks it is crazy how much sauce I put on my tacos.  I pour some on it, and then I also dip it.  It's just that good.  They are served with three tacos heaping with fish.  They are also served with lettuce and tomato.  The only improvement to them I would suggest is to use cabbage instead of the lettuce.  It just gives a fish taco that crunch that becomes craveable.  I usually give my husband one of the three.  Due to the fact that they are very filling, and spicy things usually make you fuller anyway.  Call me crazy but I also take off some of the fish of the two tacos I am going to eat and put the excess fish on my husbands one taco.  I am a big ratio person, and it just seems like too much fish to me.  He really likes this situation. 

One of the other entrees I typically get is called the Botana Platter for one.  It is pure amazingness.  I am a big time variety person, and this dish has it all.  It comes with queso, nachos (the kind individually built on each chip), chicken flautas, and quesadillas.  It just hits the spot when you want a lot of different types of food.  It is actually an appetizer, but I order it as a meal. 

I really could go on and on about the food here, but for now I think this is enough.  Eat there you will agree with me I promise.  :o)  It is a busy place, because it is so good.  So, on Friday and Saturday nights be prepared to be patient.  They do have a nice outside area if the weather permits.  The only thing I do not care for out there is the chairs.  I prefer my back to be well supported and those chairs are like lounging chairs.  So if you are worse than me in your pickiness about back support you may want to choose a table on the inside. 

They do have a bar area where smoking is allowed for my smoking readers, and my anti-smoking readers, lol.  There is Karaoke on some of the nights.  I do not know the schedule, so you will have to research that on your own.  If you are being sat near it I would try to tell the hostess you would like to be a little bit further away, because it can get a tad loud.  I swear I heard the reincarnation of Sinatra singing there Monday night.  He has one of those voices that surprise you when it comes out of the person as well.  Shocked me a bit, but in a good way of course!

Well that's all about my most frequented Mexican restaurant.  I hope you guys give them a chance.  You will not be disappointed!

Del Pueblo's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment