LocalEats featured blog

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Potbelly's Sandwich Shop - The Vintage Off Louetta Road

Yesterday I enjoyed a sandwich place I've been really wanting to try for a while now.  It is called Potbelly's! The place is not decorated like a regular sandwich shop.  I thought from the look of the outside that it was more of a sit down restaurant.  They fooled me!  Which is not a bad thing. 

I tried to order a meatball sandwich, and I was informed they were out of meat balls.  I have to admit I do not enjoy when I order something, and they tell me they are out of it.  So I tried to order the Pizza sandwich, and I was informed they were out of marinara sauce.  Again disappointed.  Being my positive self I have to say to me, "Maybe their meatball sub is so good that is why they ran out."  I would prefer to believe this instead of someone did not do their job, and that is why I can not have the sandwich I wanted. 

So after a minute staring up at the menu board I decided to choose the Mediterranean sandwich.  I went ahead and added chicken and tomatoes, and their oil and Italian seasoning.  It came with artichoke hearts, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, cucumbers, and hummus.  I chose the white bread, and it was toasted nicely.  The whole sandwich you could tell was made with good, fresh ingredients. 

For my chips I tried the Spicy Cajun Crawtators.  It was kind of amazing how much they tasted like craw fish.  My husband got the barbeque ranch potato chips which were also very good. 

I have to tell you guys I think I have a new favorite sandwich shop even if they did not have my meatballs. 

Potbelly's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment