LocalEats featured blog

Friday, May 10, 2013

WAZA Japanese Cuisine - Houston, TX

WAZA is located at FM 1960 (Cypress Creek Parkway - What ever that is!  :op)  and Cutten Road.  I am very lucky that this place is right by my work.  I was very much disappointed when I went to Tenshi last time and it was not so good.  Now that I have found WAZA I do not see myself heading over to Tenshi again anytime soon! 

When you enter WAZA the atmosphere is very aesthetically pleasing.  You hear the sound of rushing water, and there is always a smiling face greeting you at the door.  I go for lunch when my co-worker is not at work for the day, which is not very often to be honest.  I have had the pleasure of meeting a friend there for lunch as well one time, and we took a table more inside the restaurant.  It was very nice.  I however usually enjoy sitting up at the sushi bar.  The sushi chefs there are nice, experienced, and value the relationship between chef and customer. 

I have tried many things at WAZA, but the current thing I enjoy ordering is their Daily Sushi Special which costs $11.  I get a water, and it comes with a soup or salad so for an on occasion lunch it is not too bad.  The special is all chef's choice (which is why you want to make friends with the sushi chefs!).  It comes with 4 pieces of sushi, one roll, and one hand roll. 

I would like to take the time to impart some knowledge about hand rolls for a moment.  I did not know this, because until someone tells you.. how can you?  Basically for future reference a hand roll is to be eaten similarly to a taco, seaweed wrap and all.  They are very yummy, and to me almost like a present.  You are always pleasantly surprised by what is inside! 

Some of the other rolls I have had at WAZA are Fahrenheit 212, WAZA Maki, and I have had others but they were written on the board and for the life of me I cannot remember the name of them.  I will do better in the future I promise! 

If I were to recommend a sushi place on the North side it would be WAZA all day long.  My brother-in-law just texted me a few weeks ago, and asked me the same question.  WAZA was my first suggestion, and I suggested two others after that.  He ended up at WAZA and texted me later that it was very delicious.  Then he texted, "Who needs yelp when I have you."  Way to make a food blogging girls heart sing brother o' mine!  :o)

I hope you try this place, because I do not want to be writing a super sad blog about how they closed due to lack of business.  So... GO THERE AND EAT ALREADY!  :oD

<3 p="">
P. S. - The WAZA Maki has been my favorite roll thus far.

WAZA's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment